Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by george georgovassilis <ge...@open.gr> on 2005/02/10 16:10:28 UTC

How to include one XSP into another?

Dear All

I am trying to find a way to include one XSP document into another (much
like one would do with jsp) while trying to avoid for once the (medium)
complexity of logicsheets and any sitemap-acrobatics (i.e. aggregating
XSPs into another). I found some hints around that the answer to my
question may lie in xinclude but have not been able to get a working
example.

What have I overlooked?

Regards
G.

Re: How to include one XSP into another?

Posted by Geert Josten <Ge...@daidalos.nl>.
Hi,

xinclude (as well as cinclude) is a good alternative to the aggregate function of sitemaps, but you
still have to perform some steps to get the separate XSP joined together. A direct xsp:include
instruction would be nicer, but dunno if it is available...

Cheers

george georgovassilis wrote:

> Dear All
>
> I am trying to find a way to include one XSP document into another (much
> like one would do with jsp) while trying to avoid for once the (medium)
> complexity of logicsheets and any sitemap-acrobatics (i.e. aggregating
> XSPs into another). I found some hints around that the answer to my
> question may lie in xinclude but have not been able to get a working
> example.
>
> What have I overlooked?
>
> Regards
> G.

Geert.Josten@Daidalos.nl
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Zoetermeer (NL)

http://www.daidalos.nl/
tel:+31-(0)79-3316961
fax:+31-(0)79-3316464

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50