Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/26 13:33:53 UTC

Ofbiz Manufacturing @ ISA-88, ISA-95 and B2MML

Dear all,

Currently I am involved in a EU program regarding Factories of the Future,
and in particular the Dynamic Manufacturing Network. As such I am looking
(on a side track) into the manufacturing functionalities of OFBiz. Part of
the project I am involved in is defining blueprints related to ISA-88,
ISA-99 and B2MML and I was wondering how OFBiz is stacking up against these
standards.

Maybe you have implemented OFbiz in a manufacturing environment or you are
using OFBiz for manufacturing and you can share your insights regarding:

   - How does OFBiz stack up visavis Manufacturing functionalities?
   - How much does OFBiz comply with or adhere to standards like ISA-88 and
   ISA-99?
   - Is OFBiz compliant to B2MML?

I am looking forward to read your comments/posts.

With regards,

Pierre

Re: Ofbiz Manufacturing @ ISA-88, ISA-95 and B2MML

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I will let someone else respond to what ofbiz is now and the standards.
I have implemented three manufacturing solutions based on ofbiz and what
is in WIP.
Considerable Coding and Adding of entities to provide a solution were
required.
One was a software project with manufacturing of media, packaging, and a
public face to sell.

Second one deals with electronic, and mechanical production, and
assembly. There is a testing component. the Use of badges and been
adding Tablets, at workstations. the Goal was to pull all the
Manufacturing Knowledge into the system so it would not be last with
retirements.

The Third one is still in process. We are still designing to integrate
many system in many states to work under ofbiz. The requremts deal with
large bill of materials for both Engineering and Productions,
Manufacturing of many disipines, Like Casting, millng integration.
there are inpection process that could change the Production run.
Transporting of parts between plants, Tacking Parts that have been
farmed out to other companies.
The automation portion of ofbiz is use for management and status
reports. This is expected to be implement by 2013.

Pierre Smits sent the following on 11/26/2011 4:33 AM: