Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com> on 2010/03/31 22:39:03 UTC

Multiple Lines for groups in authz conf file

I'm using mod_authz to specify permissions in svn.  Is there a way to list the
group members on multiple lines instead of just a single line?  For example,
instead of:

[groups]
developers=joe, frank, bob

I would like to have something like:

[groups]
developers=
joe,
frank,
bob

Will this work?  The reason is that one of the groups is very large, and it's
messy to have all the users on one line.

Thanks!

Re: authz conf file & multiple repositories

Posted by Mauro Gatti <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Mark, you are right!
I added the final "/" and I can see the root directory.

Thanks Again

Regards

Mauro

________________________________
Posted by "Cooke, Mark" <ma...@siemens.com>.
Hello Mauro,

> I'm using a multiple repositories configuration of subversion.
> If I don't use the authz conf file I can browse the list of
> repositoris (allowen in http.conf with directive
> SVNListParentPath On).
> If I use authz conf file apache le tme access only to
> different repositories but not to the "index" list of them.
> Is it possible to both use authz file and see the list of
> repositories?

Yes, I do.  If I remember correctly, the issue is with how you configure
apache for your sites and if you use the slash on the end of the path.
Excerpts from my working configuration follow:

<Location /svn/department1/>
    DAV svn
    SVNIndexXSLT "/subversion/svnindex.xsl"
    SVNParentPath D:/svn/department1/
    SVNListParentPath On
    # restrict access to subversion repository paths...
    AuthzSVNAccessFile D:/svn/department1/svn-users.txt
</Location>

...I have multiple ParentPath repo-groups using different <Location>s.
The important bit was using the '/' at the end of the location string so
that you can grant (at least) read permission in your AuthzSVNAccessFile
for the root directory:

# Give all authenticated users read access to the root
# NB: use "* = " for all [repo:/] sections to remove access
[/]

I hope that helps!

~ Mark C

authz conf file & multiple repositories

RE: Multiple Lines for groups in authz conf file

Posted by Jon Foster <Jo...@cabot.co.uk>.
Hi,

> I'm using mod_authz to specify permissions in svn.  Is there a way
> to list the group members on multiple lines instead of just a
> single line?  For example, instead of:
>
> [groups]
> developers=joe, frank, bob
>
> I would like to have something like:
>
> [groups]
> developers=
> joe,
> frank,
> bob
>
> Will this work?  The reason is that one of the groups is very
> large, and it's messy to have all the users on one line.

In Subversion's configuration files, leading whitespace indicates
a continuation line.  So you could do:

[groups]
developers = joe,
             frank,
             bob

Kind regards,

Jon

This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Cabot Communications Ltd.

If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone.

Cabot Communications Limited
Verona House, Filwood Road, Bristol BS16 3RY, UK
+44 (0) 1179584232

Co. Registered in England number 02817269