Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by Martijn Faassen <fa...@infrae.com> on 2005/08/19 18:59:59 UTC

inputfilters and flush

Hi there,

Since I've seen nobody respond to my previous message yet, I thought I'd
ask a more concrete question:

Should the filter code do a .flush() automatically?

It seems to break things if input filters are used in the context of
mod_proxy or mod_rewrite. Perhaps it's better for the code to change so
the user has to call .flush() themselves, or alternatively, the code
could only do flushing in the case of output filters, but not input
filters, where it appears to be unnecessary and even harmful so far...

Has anyone ever seen filter misbehavior such as hangs or infinite calls
before under any circumstances? That would be useful information to
debug this one. I'm not familiar with Apache's C api but I'm learning a
lot very fast this way, so I might even be useful eventually. :)

Regards,

Martijn