Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Andrew Clegg <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/04 17:41:47 UTC

Duplicate items in distributed search

Hi,

I'm after a bit of clarification about the 'limitations' section of the
distributed search page on the wiki.

The first two limitations say:

* Documents must have a unique key and the unique key must be stored
(stored="true" in schema.xml)

* When duplicate doc IDs are received, Solr chooses the first doc and
discards subsequent ones

Does 'doc ID' in the second point refer to the unique key in the first
point, or does it refer to the internal Lucene document ID?

Cheers,

Andrew.

Re: Duplicate items in distributed search

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
On Jul 4, 2010, at 5:10 PM, Andrew Clegg wrote:

> Mark Miller-3 wrote:
>>
>> On 7/4/10 12:49 PM, Andrew Clegg wrote:
>>> I thought so but thanks for clarifying. Maybe a wording change on
>>> the
>>> wiki
>>
>> Sounds like a good idea - go ahead and make the change if you'd like.
>>

> That page seems to be marked immutable...

You have to create an account and log in in order to edit wiki pages.

	Erik

Re: Duplicate items in distributed search

Posted by Andrew Clegg <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: Duplicate items in distributed search

Posted by Andrew Clegg <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.