Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/23 08:50:37 UTC

Automatic rebuild of the site with foopubsub

Hi,

sorry, if this is off topic. Anyways:

On behalf of another Apache project (Incubator AsterixDB), I am
researching the possibility to have an automated rebuild of the site
in conjunction with svnpubsub, or gitpubsub. (Should be a fairly
generic question.) Namely, I am interested in the following questions:

- Are there any example solutions, one might follow?
- What environment can be used to host the SVN, or Git hook, as
described in [1]?
- How to push changes back to Git, or SVN? (Preferrably, *not* using a
personal password.)

I have created a Jira issue regarding those questions, but haven't got
anything helpful so far. ([2])

Thanks,

Jochen

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/gitpubsub.html

Any world that can produce the Taj Mahal, William Shakespeare,
and Stripe toothpaste can't be all bad. (C.R. MacNamara, One Two Three)

Re: Automatic rebuild of the site with foopubsub

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.

> On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 9:36 AM, Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > At Commons we publish the site manually via mvn clean site-deploy. But I
> > think we would be interested in an automated solution.
>
> Thanks, Benedikt,
>
> that's all I need to know right now.

You may want to have a look at http://commons.apache.org/site-publish.html
for more information.

http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/
http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter
http://github.com/britter

Re: Automatic rebuild of the site with foopubsub

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hello Jochen,

I'm not sure the Commons Developer list is the right place to ask this
since we probably don't know more about this stuff then you do :-) Maybe
you should ask on the infra list?

At Commons we publish the site manually via mvn clean site-deploy. But I
think we would be interested in an automated solution.

Best regards,
Benedikt