Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com> on 2012/05/30 00:23:23 UTC

[VOTE] Release Oozie 3.2.0-incubating (candidate 1)

Dear Oozie community,

The release candidate 1 for for Oozie 3.2.0-incubating is available.

Changes from candidate 0:

* removes native files and adds instructions on how to test Pipe
* consolidate rat report
* minor fix in the demo example

Some of the new features are:

* Hive action
* Sqoop action
* Shell action
* Tool to create/upgrade database schema
* Kerberos SPNEGO authentication
* Proxy User capabilities for Oozie users
* Job ACLs support
* Improved Job information over HTTP REST API
* Improved Workflow validation
* Sharelib directories per action
* EL functions for Workflow and Coordinator applications

In addition it includes several improvements for performance and
stability and several bug fixes.

Keys used to sign the release are available at
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/oozie/trunk/KEYS?view=markup.

Please download, test, and try it out:

   http://people.apache.org/~tucu/oozie-3.2.0-incubating-candidate-1

The release, md5 signature, gpg signature, and rat report can all be
found at the above URL.

Vote closes on Friday JUN/01 15:30 PST.

Thanks

--
Alejandro

[VOTE RESULTS] Release Oozie 3.2.0-incubating (candidate 1)

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks to all for your votes.

Results: 8 +1 votes, 0 -1 votes

  developers/users: 3 +1 (mona, jeremy, roman)
  committers: 4 +1 (harsh, virag, angelo, tucu)
  mentors: 1 +1 (alan)

I was a bit confused by Oozie how to release docs as it is stating
requirements that don't follow the Incubator process for voting releases
(like requiring 3 PPMC votes), I'll update the how to release page to
reflect the incubator rules.

Following I'll submit the vote to the IPCM.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Oozie 3.2.0-incubating (candidate 1)

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.
+1, looks good.

The NOTICE file still says the 3 binaries are included, but I see they aren't.  For future revisions that last paragraph should be removed.  But I don't think this is worth re-spinning over.

Alan.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
+1 from me, based on re-running the tests (since last vote) and
launching a single example app against a pseudo-distributed 1.0.3
Hadoop cluster.

--
Harsh J

Re: [REMINDER] [VOTE] Release Oozie 3.2.0-incubating (candidate 1)

Posted by "Angelo K. Huang" <an...@apache.org>.
+1
download, verify asc, md5 and complete tests successfully.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
+1 from the Bigtop side.

Thanks,
Roman.

Posted by Mayank Bansal <ma...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Mayank

Re: [REMINDER] [VOTE] Release Oozie 3.2.0-incubating (candidate 1)

Posted by Jeremy Hanna <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Vote ends today 15:30 PST.

Posted by Virag Kothari <vi...@yahoo-inc.com>.