Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Mark Erbaugh <ma...@microenh.com> on 2007/09/08 15:32:43 UTC

New Member Introduction

Hello to all on the list. Let me introduce myself.

My name is Mark Erbaugh and I am an independent software / business
systems consultant / software developer.  For the past several years, I
supported a home-grown in house system (written in Borland Delphi) for a
client. At the dictate of their corporate parent, that system was
replaced with a commercial package based on SSA-ERP.  I was involved in
the conversion of the data from the Delphi system to SSA-ERP, but not
needed to support SSA-ERP, as that is handled by their corporate IT
people.

About the time that that work was winding down, I started using Ubuntu
Linux and became heavily involved in Open Source Software.

I discovered Ofbiz and it looks like it has a lot of features that we
had in the Delphi system and in SSA-ERP.  I would like to get up to
speed with Ofbiz to where I can offer to install and support it for my
clients.

My main development tool under Linux has been Python using PyDev under
Eclipse. I've dabbled with Java in the past, but never done any
real-world development with it. I'm working to get up to speed with Java
to support OfBiz.

If there are any OfBiz users in the Columbus / Dayton, Ohio area, I'd be
interested in getting together to discuss the program.

Thanks,
Mark