Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Licinio Fernández Maurelo <li...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/18 13:46:07 UTC

Index health checking

As you suppose, i'm asking if currently solr implements this
functionality or there is any related jira issue.

A few days ago, our solr server suffered an unsafe power shutdown.
After restoring, we found wrong behaviour (we got NullPointerException
when aplying sort criteria in some queries) due to index corruption

I think it could be nice if Solr could check if the index is corrupted
(fix corrupted indexes too)

Found this functionality at :

 http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_0/api/org/apache/lucene/index/CheckIndex.html

Thx
--
Lici

Re: Index health checking

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
See http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-566.

Patches welcome.

On Aug 18, 2009, at 7:46 AM, Licinio Fernández Maurelo wrote:

> As you suppose, i'm asking if currently solr implements this
> functionality or there is any related jira issue.
>
> A few days ago, our solr server suffered an unsafe power shutdown.
> After restoring, we found wrong behaviour (we got NullPointerException
> when aplying sort criteria in some queries) due to index corruption
>
> I think it could be nice if Solr could check if the index is corrupted
> (fix corrupted indexes too)
>
> Found this functionality at :
>
> http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_0/api/org/apache/lucene/index/CheckIndex.html
>
> Thx