Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2011/09/01 06:30:56 UTC

New HBase Logo

Your PMC voted the following as the new HBase logo:

 https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12492477/01.jpg

It will replace the now retired bass clef that has served us well down
through the years.

We hope you like it.

The process by which we came up with this design was long and
torturous.  Hopefully we will not have to ever repeat it.  At one time
the thought was to have the broad hbase community vote on the logo but
getting your PMC just to agree on a small set of contenders was like
pulling teeth; painful all around (engineers and design == not such a
good mix).  May you all forgive us for keeping the decision committee
small.

We'll roll it out in the next day or so.

A new website redesign is also on its way.  Hopefully that will show
up soon too.  We'll keep you posted.

Yours,
St.Ack

P.S. Thank you to dezinden on 99designs for the winning logo
P.P.S Thanks to StumbleUpon for forking over the dollars to fund the
99designs competition

Re: New HBase Logo

Posted by highpointe <hi...@gmail.com>.
Hmmm. I think we went to the same "stylist".

:-)

Sent from my iPhone

Re: New HBase Logo

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Re: New HBase Logo

Posted by highpointe <hi...@gmail.com>.
Very...

Re: New HBase Logo

Posted by Stack <sa...@gmail.com>.
You can try looking for them on 99 designs site.  Look for hbase or my name    There were others too some of which we would have to ask permission to share

Why you ask?

Re: New HBase Logo

Posted by Stack <sa...@gmail.com>.
I do not think there is controversy IN this community gaijinchao.  The discussion is about externals.  My sense is that this community is good on what the way forward is.  If this is unclear I would much rather spend my time discussing that than other projects and how they relate to ours

Stack

Re: New HBase Logo

Posted by Gaojinchao <ga...@huawei.com>.

Re: New HBase Logo

Posted by Stack <sa...@gmail.com>.
On Sep 5, 2011, at 7:13, Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> May we pay more attention to http://s.apache.org/x4 ?

Thanks Ted for the reminder

Stack

Re: New HBase Logo

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Re: New HBase Logo

Posted by Ravi Veeramachaneni <ra...@gmail.com>.
Stack,

Re: New HBase Logo

Posted by Gary Helmling <gh...@gmail.com>.

Re: New HBase Logo

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Love the logo, looks futuristic just as how HBase is for its age! ;-)

Re: New HBase Logo

Posted by Doug Meil <do...@explorysmedical.com>.
re:  "Hopefully we will not have to ever repeat it."

+1 to that.

That said, I will proudly wear this on a T-shirt.  Look forward to the new
logo rollout!