Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it> on 2006/08/24 09:56:01 UTC

Cleanups in the order checkout process

Hi,

with rev. 434334 I've split up the
CheckOutEvents.finalizeOrderEntry(...) method into two ones:

1) CheckOutEvents.finalizeOrderEntry(...) where all the actions are taken
2) (new) CheckOutEvents.determineNextFinalizeStep(...) where the next
step is determined: I've simply moved the logic at the end of the
original finalizeOrderEntry method into this new one to make things a
bit more clear (hopefully)

The next step should be that using these new methods every time we need
to perform an order checkout (both in order manager and ecommerce);
right now it seems to me that we have a lot of duplicated methods that
performs similar tasks in slightly different ways... and this is a bit
scaring.

For example: CheckOutEvents.setCheckOutPages(...) (and related methods)
are very similar to the CheckOutEvents.finalizeOrderEntry(...)

I'd like to get your feedback about this.

Thanks,

Jacopo

Re: Cleanups in the order checkout process

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
In working with this process - I too found a lot of duplication and
would love to contribute to fixing this process.  I don't free up for
that kinda stuff for about two weeks, but I should be able to dive in
when I am free.

The Agile world would tell us to put some acceptance tests in place
before major modifications to a process this complicated - so we might
think of doing that in this case.

Cheers,
Tim

--