Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael D Schleif <md...@helices.org> on 2004/08/18 23:19:30 UTC

perl 5.8.4 b0rkage ???

I am running Debian spamassassin v2.63-1, and have been for many months,
at which time I upgraded from previous versions.  Everything has been
working as expected, until sometime last Sunday, 15 August, whereupon --
in hindsight -- I find thousands of the following errors:

    Cannot open bayes databases /home/mds/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/O: tie failed:
    Cannot open bayes databases /home/mds/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/W: tie failed: File exists

I have *not* changed any spamassassin configuration, nor have I upgraded
it.

However, on that date, I upgraded from Perl v5.8.3x to v5.8.4-2.

What is going on?  bugs.debian.org does *not* show anything, in this
regard; nor does this list's archive.

What do you think?

--
Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
877.596.8237
-
-

Re: perl 5.8.4 b0rkage ???

Posted by Scott Barker <Sc...@mtechIT.com>.
On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 02:29:57PM -0500, Michael D Schleif wrote:
> Are you certain that this is the *same* problem?  Here is my output:
>
>     db_dump: bayes_seen.old: unsupported hash version number 7
>     db_dump: bayes_seen.old: Invalid argument
>     db_dump: bayes_toks.old: unsupported hash version number 8
>     db_dump: bayes_toks.old: Invalid argument
>
> Please, notice, that mine is not that same problem as going from Perl
> v5.6 to v5.8x.

Looks like it's not the same problem. However, it still may be a problem
with DB versions, caused by your incremental perl upgrade. Try using
db3_dump instead of db_dump. If that doesn't do the trick, I'm afraid
I'm out of ideas.

--
Scott Barker                                    Scott_Barker@mtechIT.com
Manager, Infrastructure                         403-233-0740 x248

Re: perl 5.8.4 b0rkage ???

Posted by Michael D Schleif <md...@helices.org>.
* Scott Barker <Sc...@mtechIT.com> [2004:08:20:11:59:02-0600] scribed:

Re: perl 5.8.4 b0rkage ???