Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2012/04/02 16:59:08 UTC

Re: Renaming some ant tasks to improve consistency

Ok, I went ahead and committed the changes in rev. 1308370
I know that these changes may annoy the persons that are used to the old/traditional names; I really think that the reviewed versions make more sense and, even if now will cause some headache, I am sure that in the future they will help to present a better/cleaner system to the first time users.
Please give it some time to adjust to the new version and test it for some time; then if there are issues etc... we can review this work and/or modify it.

For now I didn't change the name of the ant.sh/ant.bat scripts to ofbiz.sh/ofbiz.bat but I would like to consider it soon.

Thanks,

Jacopo

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Jacopo Cappellato" <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by Anne <an...@cohsoft.com.au>.
On 3 April 2012 00:59, Jacopo Cappellato
<ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>wrote:

> For now I didn't change the name of the ant.sh/ant.bat scripts to
> ofbiz.sh/ofbiz.bat but I would like to consider it soon.

+1 Will reduce the number of people having problems because they are using
the wrong version of ant (e.g. "ant" instead of "./ant")

Thanks,

--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 2773

Bonsai ERP, the all-inclusive ERP system
http://www.bonsaierp.com.au/