Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by rik rik <sn...@hotmail.com> on 2007/11/30 10:58:39 UTC

cannot render a menubar using menu2 package

Hi to all,
I've downloaded the sources of menu2 from svn, but I'm not able to make it working properly, because the page is not correctly rendered
My code (very simple) is this

YuiMenuBar menubar=new YuiMenuBar("menubar","menubar");
YuiMenuBarItem fileitem=menubar.addMenu("file");
YuiMenuBarItem edititem=menubar.addMenu("edit");
add(menubar);

and this is the html

<head>
<script src="yahoo-dom-event.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="animation.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="container.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="menu.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="menu.css"/>
</head>

The js files have been downloaded from the yui site, and they are correctly referenced from the html
Where am I going wrong?
Thanks

Rik

Organizza le tue foto e condividile con i tuoi amici con Raccolta foto di Windows Live!
http://www.windowslive.it

RE: cannot render a menubar using menu2 package

Posted by rik rik <sn...@hotmail.com>.
Hi James,
I've included the yui libraries because without them I have the javascript error
YAHOO is undefined, because into the resulting html there is a reference to YAHOO.widget.MenuBar
So including the yui js the error is not shown, but nothing has changed
Regards

Rik

Scarica GRATIS le emoticon della tua squadra del cuore e il calendario di serie A!
http://www.emoticons-livemessenger.com/pages/msnitcalcio/index.htm

Re: cannot render a menubar using menu2 package

Posted by James McLaughlin <jo...@gmail.com>.
rik rik,
you don't need to include the yui libraries. YuiMenuBar will do that
automatically. Remove them from your html and everything should work
fine.

best,
jim

Posted by rik rik <sn...@hotmail.com>.
The trick to solve the problem is to add

getMarkupSettings().setStripWicketTags(true);

in the method init() of the webapp, as indicated by Doug
Thanks Doug!

Rik

Posted by rik rik <sn...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Doug,

Posted by rik rik <sn...@hotmail.com>.
Doug,
thank you for your help, you're right, it doesn't make sense, because it was my fault!
I didn't use maven, now I've used it and all is working properly
I simply used the informations in the pom under
https://wicket-stuff.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wicket-stuff/trunk/wicket-contrib-yui-examples/pom.xml
and the menu is now correctly renderered
Thank you very much for all

Rik

Posted by Doug Leeper <do...@yahoo.com>.
James,

I guess menu2 currently requires a strip of the wicket tags.  I have my
application strip the tags so I never noticed.  Any example I should look at
to fix this?

- Doug

Re: cannot render a menubar using menu2 package

Posted by James McLaughlin <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Doug,
We definitely don't want to require users to strip wicket tags, if
that still needs to be done. I think we did that just to get it
working. I thought setRenderBodyOnly was enough, but if we still have
issues we should add in a MarkupFilter or use a Transformer. If menu2
only works with stripping wicket tags, then we should fix it. I need
to get back in the game so we can dump menu and elevate menu2 to its
place as the one and only menu (I've been in a c++ house of pain for
the past couple of months)

best,
jim

Posted by Doug Leeper <do...@yahoo.com>.
James,

Posted by James McLaughlin <jo...@gmail.com>.
A quickstart attached to jira would be most appreciated.
http://wicketstuff.org/jira/browse/WSYUI.

Yui menu's distaste for wicket tags has been a long standing issue. To
get around it at first, we did
tMarkupSettings().setStripWicketTags(true). But then I thought that
was changed to calling setRenderBodyOnly on the components? If this
isn't working, maybe we need to hack up a markup filter to have done
with it once and for all.

Posted by Robert Moskal <rm...@mostmedia.com>.
Send along the credentials and link to the qa server please.

Posted by rik rik <sn...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

https://wicket-stuff.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wicket-stuff/trunk/wicket-contrib-yui-examples/src/main/java/org/wicketstuff/yui/examples

2) add style.css to my webapp root

2) configure web.xml in my webapp to point to org.wicketstuff.yui.examples.pages.YuiApplication

3) click on MenuBar2Page

I have the same javascript error "YAHOO is not defined", even if in the WicketExampleApplication the method init contains "getMarkupSettings().setStripWicketTags(true)"

I hope this helps

Rik

> Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 05:58:09 -0800> From: dougleeper@yahoo.com> To: users@wicket.apache.org> Subject: RE: cannot render a menubar using menu2 package> > > Correction. It is not the wicket code that is having a problem...it is the> YUI code that does not like the wicket:id tags. All the wicket code (menu2)> does is create the html that YUI recognizes. At the browser, there is no> wicket stuff going on.> > As far what the problem is with regards to the wicket:id tags...that is> going to be tough to debug. I haven't debugged javascript code before and> not sure what "good" debugger there is to do this. However, I will take a> look to see if anyone else in the YUI community has had problems.> > Did you get the wicketstuff examples to work? I checked in the application> class with the appropriate setting change. That should work for you and> serve as a working example.> > - Doug> -- > View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/wicket-success-stories-tf4877640.html#a14130319> Sent from the Wicket - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@wicket.apache.org> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@wicket.apache.org>
Conosci Doretta? Contattala, è ora su Messenger!
http://www.doretta82.it/banner/index.html

RE: cannot render a menubar using menu2 package

Posted by rik rik <sn...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Doug,
ok, so the common point is that the code on wicketstuff doesn't work properly,
now we should understand why, if it is possible :-)

I put the code you suggested into the init() function of my webapplication class,
but nothing has changed, because in the rendered html I continue to have the reference to YAHOO.widget.MenuBar

But for you is the same? Because I didn't yet understood if the widget is mandatory or not to correctly render the page.
About this point, I copied the renderered html to another file, and I made some attempts leaving and removing the script including
the YAHOO.widget.MenuBar, and nothing has changed in the rendering, the only difference is that the javascript error
is not shown, but the menubar is not displayed...

I'm curious to know if with your previous version the rendered html contained the widget, and in which way it could work, because I'm
searching in the svn repository, and, as you said, nothing seems has changed in the code, because the YuiMenuBar contains the reference to
menubarinit.vm from the first checkin, and the menubarinit.vm contains the reference to YAHOO.widget.MenuBar from the first checkin, too.

I hope we can reach the solution...

Rik

Posted by rik rik <sn...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Doug,
thanks for your help, but I think that the problem is another...
The problem is caused by the rendering of the menu2.YuiMenuBar, because it calls VelocityJavascriptContributor in the method
getMenuInit passing the file res/menubarinit.vm (below there is the url of the file)https://wicket-stuff.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wicket-stuff/trunk/wicket-contrib-yui/src/main/java/org/wicketstuff/yui/markup/html/menu2/res/menubarinit.vm

This file contains the reference to YAHOO.widget.MenuBar so I have the same previous javascript error
It's strange that you haven't the same behaviour, maybe I have old or wrong classes, but I've downloaded them from svn,
and for this reason I was curious to see menubar in action, to see the generated html
Thank you again

Rik

Posted by rik rik <sn...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Doug,
I've seen the examples indicated by you, but the problem is that also they are not correctly rendered...
I've tried using the style.css found in resources, but also in this case the render is not correct, the result
is like the normal <li> in html, it seems that the css is not properly used
I've downloaded the html and java files and I've put them in my wicket webapp, I don't understand why it doesn't work
Can you please give me an url with this examples in action? Maybe I can understand where is my fault...

About the name menu2, I already knew the reason, I've read it into another post, it's not a problem, I can continue to
use menu2 till you and the others will decide what to do with it
Thanks, bye

Rik