Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Alvaro Moraleda <al...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/22 16:55:31 UTC

transform to PDF

Hi everyone!
I'm working with xerces to transform XML to PDF using a XSL file. I
have the following XML:

   <comment  content=" blablablabla&#xa;blablablabla" />

(The field "content" is written by an user of my application)

When I try to transform the XML to PDF the newline doesn't appears.
Do I miss something?

Thanks!

This is my java code:

		try {
			// configure fopFactory as desired
			FopFactory fopFactory = FopFactory.newInstance();
			FOUserAgent foUserAgent = fopFactory.newFOUserAgent();

			// Setup output
			OutputStream out = new java.io.FileOutputStream(pdfFile);

			out = new java.io.BufferedOutputStream(out);

			try {
				// Construct fop with desired output format
				Fop fop = fopFactory.newFop(MimeConstants.MIME_PDF, foUserAgent, out);

				// Setup XSLT
				Transformer transformer = factory.newTransformer(new
StreamSource(xsltfile));

				// Set the value of a <param> in the stylesheet
				transformer.setParameter("versionParam", "2.0");

				// Setup input for XSLT transformation
				Source src = new StreamSource(xmlPath);

				// Resulting SAX events (the generated FO) must be
				// piped through to FOP
				Result res = new SAXResult(fop.getDefaultHandler());

				// Start XSLT transformation and FOP processing
				transformer.transform(src, res);

			} finally {
				out.close();
			}