Posted to gui-dev@apache.org by Solomon Rutzky <sr...@cnvisions.com> on 1999/04/13 22:01:01 UTC

Another web-based Apache config tool

Hello, my name is Solomon Rutzky and I have been working on a
JavaScript/PHP3 based Apache admin tool.  Anyone can test it out at the
following location:

http://www.shlomo.com/programs/apache_admin.html

That location lists what I believe to be the advantages of it so I won't
waste your time by repeating it here.  It should be able to run equally
well on both UNIX or even [*sigh*] NT so long as PHP3 is there.  I have
played with PHP3 on NT a little and it seems to work rather well so it
_should_ be OS and even browser independant (although I have not tested
with all browsers; I mainly use Netscape 4.5 and it seems to work fine
in Netsacpe 3.0.3).  It is not complete yet; just the Virtual Server
module has been completed as that seemed to be the information that
people edit most frequently.  I will be adding Directories and Locations
VERY soon (or so I hope ;).  So, I guess it can be listed as a
Functional GUI tool since it does work, it just doesn't edit all the
info in the config file yet.  But that distinction I will leave up to
you.

Take care,
Solomon