Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Faidt, Klaus" <Kl...@gft.com> on 2001/05/18 09:42:56 UTC

java.security.AccessControlException

General task: Writing an applet, getting data from a web server
Plattform: MS Internet Explorer 5

I tried to use SOAP with my applet to request data from a web server.
Because of problems with international characters using SOAP 2_0, I tried
SOAP 2_1. But there the applet even didn't get its request to the server:

(java.util.PropertyPermission user.name read)

got invoked at org.apache.soap.util.mime.MimeUtils.getUniqueValue

Of course the exceptions is correct, since the applet user probably would
not want to provide information about his user name to the server
application. But why does the SOAP protocol use these "forbidden" values?
Can I configure SOAP 2_1 in a way that it doesn't access private information
of the internet user? Or is SOAP not intended for this kind of
communication?

Klaus Faidt