Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/03 18:25:42 UTC

Annotation-config plugins must be tested with 2.2.1 !

We just had https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-896, and for
some reason the

   /**
     * Map of project artifacts.
     *
     * @parameter expression="${project.artifactMap}"
     * @required
     * @readonly
     */
    private Map<String, Artifact> projectArtifactMap;

that was converted to :

    /**
     * Map of plugin artifacts.
     */
    @Parameter( defaultValue = "${plugin.artifactMap}", required =
true, readonly = true )
    protected Map<String, Artifact> pluginArtifactMap;

Does not get injected when running under 2.2.1, which effectively
makes 2.12.1 useless for all 2.2.1 users.

I have not investigated further into the cause of this, but I think
all release managers need to take special care to run IT's with maven
2.2.1 as well before releasing newly converted components.

Kristian

Re: Annotation-config plugins must be tested with 2.2.1 !

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@zenior.no>.
Hold 2.12.2; I have something cool to add this weekend...

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@zenior.no>.
Oh yes; surefire requires 3.x to build, but we could run the IT's with 2.2.1

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Grhh. My bad.