Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/25 17:01:25 UTC

The meaning of FileSystem in context of OutputFormat storage

I just saw this line in the javadocs for OutputFormat:

"Output files are stored in a
FileSystem<http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/fs/FileSystem.html>.
"

Seems like an odd sentence.  What is the implication here -- is this
implying anything other than the obvious ?

--
Jay Vyas
MMSB/UCHC

Re: The meaning of FileSystem in context of OutputFormat storage

Posted by John George <jo...@yahoo-inc.com>.
I think what it means is that the output files can be stored in any of the
possible implementation of the FileSystem abstract class depending on the
user requirement. So, it could be stored in DistributedFileSystem,
LocalFileSystem etc...

Regards,
John George