Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by "Viens, Stephen" <St...@LibertyMutual.com> on 2004/12/01 20:05:55 UTC

RE: Probelms while installing on tomcat

Ben,

It looks as if Tomcat cannot locate the MySQL JDBC Driver
(org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver) which is specified in the resource-ref
element.  Make sure you've added it to the TOMCAT-DIR\common\lib
directory.

Also the SAXParser message is not an error message. The jUDDI happyness
page is
simply telling you that it found the class it was looking for
(SAXParserFactory)
but couldn't report on the exact location in which it found it.

Steve

PS: I'm travelling again this week and will have only occasional email
access.

Posted by bEn Fries <De...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

I installed jUDDI - seems to be working as it's happyness page is ..
well... happy.
So I tried to run an example from UDDI4J. Now this example throws an
exeption and reports an:

(500) Internal Server Error

I thought this might be a user/passwort issue but the passwords seem to
be OK:

In UDDI4J I used

userid = sviens
password = password

(as this is the "included" user of jUDDI)

and in juddi-user.xml I have a user as follows:
<user userid="sviens" password="password" />

and there is a publisher in the juddi/publisher database
with ID "sviens"

So I'm pretty sure this should be OK - is there sth else that might
cause this error?

Any idea where I might start debugging?

Thanx in Advance

Ben

Re: Probelms while installing on tomcat

Posted by bEn Fries <De...@gmx.de>.
Hi!

Thanx for your answer! Yeah that was exactly my problem - after I added
the MySQLConnector driver the happyness page was happy again.

Maybe you can answer me another question. When I want to connect to the
jUDDI with UDDI4J the server returns an 500 Error and the connection is
refused. Do you have any idea was this can be or where I can look for
this problem?

Thank you very much!

Ben