Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Keith Fernandez <ke...@primus.com> on 2000/07/05 21:55:03 UTC

deleting DOMString::transcode() memory

I use DOMString's in several places, and I recently began freeing up the
memory allocated by transcode()
However, my program hangs when I use delete, like this:

char *str = aDomString.transcode();
.
.
.
 delete [] str;

Why might this fail?

I'm still using version 1.1; WinNT.

Thanks -

Re: deleting DOMString::transcode() memory

Posted by Ji Li <ji...@sybergen.com>.
deleting DOMString::transcode() memorycheck your project setting, c/C++\code generation\use run-time library:, this value must be same as your xerceLib project setting.

hope this helpful:)
jil

Posted by Dean Roddey <dr...@charmedquark.com>.
deleting DOMString::transcode() memoryMost likely you are mixing C++ runtimes. If you use the distributed builds as is, they are production builds. So you cannot use the debug runtimes in your application. If you want to use the debug runtime in your app, you have to rebuild the parser for debug as well (and ICU if you are using that.)

Dean Roddey
The CIDLib C++ Frameworks
Charmed Quark Software
droddey@charmedquark.com
http://www.charmedquark.com

"You young, and you gotcha health. Whatchoo wanna job fer?"