Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Wazir Abdool <is...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/21 00:44:55 UTC

Problems getting JSPs to work in forrest

Hi,

I am working on a project named Burrokeet as part my MSc project at UWI in
trinidad. Burrokeet is a learning content creation environment but so far it
has no mechanism in place for managing users. Burrokeet is built on forrest
and i'm trying to add jsp support to forrest in order to implement a user
management system.

So far, I got a forrest-0.8 war to work in tomcat 5.5 on java 1.5 platform
but am having troubles getting jsp pages processed. Is there any way to test
if JSPReader and JSPGenerator works?

Also, I downloaded the cocoon2.1 war and the jsp examples work fine in
tomcat5.5. I am thinking about configuring forrest0.8 to work with
cocoon2.1instead of the built-in
cocoon2.2-dev. Is that a good idea?

The only problem so far in the forrest war on tomcat gives the following
error on startup before running any jsp pages:

=========
core.log
=========
WARN    (2007-05-20) 12:11.47:796   [core.manager] (Unknown-URI)
Unknown-Thread/CoreServiceManager: ComponentLocator exception from parent SM
during lookup.
org.apache.avalon.framework.service.ServiceException: Component for key '
org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceResolver' not found. (Key='Cocoon')
    at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.SingleComponentServiceManager.lookup
(SingleComponentServiceManager.java:68)
    at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.CoreServiceManager.lookup(
CoreServiceManager.java:355)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.helpers.DefaultIncludeCacheManager.service(
DefaultIncludeCacheManager.java:384)
    at org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.service(
ContainerUtil.java:143)
    at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.ComponentFactory.setupInstance(
ComponentFactory.java:150)
    at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.ComponentFactory.newInstance(
ComponentFactory.java:133)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.core.container.handler.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.doInitialize
(ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java:54)

when trying to run a jsp page, the following error results:

=========
sitemap.log
=========
WARN    (2007-05-20) 15:31.21:718   [sitemap.action.sourcetype]
(/forrest-storm/jsp/hello.jsp) http-8080-Processor23/SourceTypeAction:
Source 'org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.FileSource@7053be' not found

I'm just trying to get a simple jsp page to work in forrest on tomcat so i
can continue to implement my user management system.

Can anyone please help?