Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Varun Thacker <va...@vthacker.in> on 2017/08/30 02:56:35 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Lucene/Solr 6.6.1 RC1

Please vote for release candidate 1 for Lucene/Solr 6.6.1

The artifacts can be downloaded from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-6.6.1-RC1-rev9aa465a89b64ff2dabe7b4d50c472de32c298683

You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:

python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-6.6.1-RC1-rev9aa465a89b64ff2dabe7b4d50c472de32c298683

Here's my +1
SUCCESS! [0:47:12.552040]

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Lucene/Solr 6.6.1 RC1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@apple.com>.
+1

SUCCESS! [0:42:43.044932]

-Anshum

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Lucene docs, changes and javadocs look good.

The smoke tester said: SUCCESS! [0:43:10.185787]

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
+1

SUCCESS! [1:57:22.154983]

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
This message is a bit confusing as it seems that the mentioned change IS in
7.0, contrary to what the changes entry is saying:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-11177. I just removed the
message between parenthesis in case we respin or do a 6.6.2 one day.

Posted by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 SUCCESS! [1:20:28.081082]

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
+1 SUCCESS! [2:18:29.328349]

Posted by Varun Thacker <va...@vthacker.in>.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1

SUCCESS! [2:01:26.485905]

The solr CHANGES.txt has an entry that mentions 7.0 and 7.1 versions.
Just mentioning here for the record. I don't think this needs a
respin.

SOLR-11177: CoreContainer.load needs to send lazily loaded core
descriptors to the proper list rather than send them all to the
transient lists. (Erick Erickson) (note, not in 7.0, is in 7.1)

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 8:26 AM, Varun Thacker <va...@vthacker.in> wrote:
> Please vote for release candidate 1 for Lucene/Solr 6.6.1
>
> The artifacts can be downloaded from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-6.6.1-RC1-rev9aa465a89b64ff2dabe7b4d50c472de32c298683
>
> You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
>
> python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-6.6.1-RC1-rev9aa465a89b64ff2dabe7b4d50c472de32c298683
>
> Here's my +1
> SUCCESS! [0:47:12.552040]

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Lucene/Solr 6.6.1 RC1

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Varun,

I don’t think you need to file a bug: see <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10842>; note Cassandra’s last comment there[1]:

[1] <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10842?focusedCommentId=16127745&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-16127745>