Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dakota Jack <cr...@gmail.com> on 2004/10/28 17:14:26 UTC

[OT] Re: Hiding .do

I forgot this about Struts 1.2.4, James.  Good point.

I think your thing with the marketing people is funny.  While I am
certain it was not so funny for you at that time, I would have liked
to be a potted plant in the room for that discussion.

You can expect, I think, marketing people to have this problem, since
programming engineers have the same problem constantly.  The idea of a
URL as an "address" rather than a code or a protocol to be read is
constantly causing difficulty.  You should have changed the .do to
.HANKY_PANKY to avoid the seeming connection to extensions for files
at all.  LOL

Jack

~Native Proverb~

Re: [OT] Re: Hiding .do