Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Brendan Laing <Br...@biise.com> on 2006/11/27 13:47:58 UTC

Why are my collections getting corrupted?

Hi,

I suspect (but have been unable to prove) that some collections are
being corrupted when I restart the tomcat server on which xindice is
running.

I'm running xindice version 1.1beta4 on Tomcat 5.5.17 on linux suse 10.1.

The symtoms of the issue are:

I access a resource before the restart and it's okay. I then restart
the server and access the same resource and get a respond "Query
error: Error executing XPath query: null: Error executing XPath query:
null" The error code is 1, the vendor code is 640. The stack trace
from the client is not much help, the error is thrown from line 445 of
xmldb.embed.CollectionImpl.

Not all collections are corrupted, and it isn;t always the same
collection that gets hit! All I can think is that there are some
read/writes taking place while I restart the server, but all client
side getCollections are surrounded with finally { close. So I'm
puzzled why anything should get trashed?

Any ideas?

Brendan

Re: Why are my collections getting corrupted?

Posted by Brendan Laing <Br...@biise.com>.
Thanks again.

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.