Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jerry Birchler <jr...@attbi.com> on 2002/08/01 07:49:13 UTC

integrating tomcat 4.04 into iplanet 4.1 using nsapi_redirector on linux

Has anyone done this?

If so, I would like some help. I have compiled the redirector and validated
that it is getting invoked, my connector is up and listening, I validated
that the class files used for ajp13 are getting invoked, I set up my
obj.conf file, the server.xml file and my workers.properties file, but I
only get this when I hit a JSP page:

HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer

I've been researching this for more than a week with no success.

If you've done this, please document how you did it from Makefile samples to
configuration files.

Re: integrating tomcat 4.04 into iplanet 4.1 using nsapi_redirector on linux

Posted by Simon Stewart <sm...@lateral.net>.
On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 12:49:13AM -0500, Jerry Birchler wrote:
> Has anyone done this?
>
> If so, I would like some help. I have compiled the redirector and validated
> that it is getting invoked, my connector is up and listening, I validated
> that the class files used for ajp13 are getting invoked, I set up my
> obj.conf file, the server.xml file and my workers.properties file, but I
> only get this when I hit a JSP page:
>
> HTTP 500 - Internal server error
> Internet Explorer
>
> I've been researching this for more than a week with no success.

Could you please turn off the "Friendly error messages" in IE, and
report what the server actually says? And what do the server logs
report?

The normal "gotcha" that I've seen is that the jk has been set to use
sockets, and the write permissions for it aren't right. From what you
report, this seems like a good starting place.

Regards,

Simon

--
"Bollocksh, Mish Moneypenny. Bollocksh." --- James Bond