Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by David Aldrich <Da...@EU.NEC.COM> on 2010/01/29 13:37:43 UTC

Change of case during checkout

Hi

We are running svn client 1.6.9 on Windows and checking out a working copy to a Samba network drive.

We find that one of the directories is checked out with incorrect case:

<somepath>/TML

becomes:

<somepath>/tml

The svn checkout commentary shows the correct case.

Please can anyone suggest how this could happen?

Best regards
David

RE: Change of case during checkout

Posted by David Aldrich <Da...@EU.NEC.COM>.
Hi Andy

> Check your Samba config & make sure that "preserve case" is enabled.
> See http://marc.info/?l=samba&m=98863735916130&w=2

Thanks for your reply. We set the parameters as specified in your link and it has fixed our problem. Slightly odd though, because, as far as we can tell, those seem to be the default settings anyway.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.