Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Stefan Weinert <su...@yahoo.de> on 2006/03/16 11:32:52 UTC

Managing Portlet Entities

One source of my confusion is the fact that you can change some stuff
both through the admin interface and by editing the psml directly while
some preferences can (so far?) only be made in the psml directly.

To make it more confusing the multiple porlet entities seem to be stored
in the database instead of the psml and thus can't be configured throug
the psml files.

Is there a db browser available so I might be able to check settings?
(I'm using the derby installer)

Stefan

Re: Managing Portlet Entities

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Stefan/Liu,

I have added the capability to set all of the IFramePortlet parameters
with preferences in addition to setting default values in the
portlet.xml as you are used to doing. Here is a list of all the init
parameter/preference value names supported by the portlet:

align
class
frameBorder
id
marginHeight
marginWidth
name

customSource
editSource
height
helpSource
scrolling
style
viewSource
width

maximizedCustomSource
maximizedEditSource
maximizedHeight
maximizedHelpSource
maximizedScrolling
maximizedStyle
maximizedViewSource
maximizedWidth

Defaults for these values can be specified in the portlet.xml with the
init parameters. If either of these boolean init parameters are
specified as 'true":

enableSourcePreferences, or
enablePreferences,

preference values are also looked up in the portlet.xml and database by
PSML fragment ids. Furthermore, These values can be defaulted using the
PSML preferences default values like this:

    <fragment id="4392307" type="portlet" name="demo:IFramePortlet">
      <property layout="TwoColumns" name="row" value="0" />
      <property layout="TwoColumns" name="column" value="0" />
      <preference name="height" readOnly="true">
        <value>200</value>
      </preference>
      <preference name="scrolling">
        <value>on</value>
      </preference>
    </fragment>

The IFramePortlet does not support an edit mode: it assumes the edit
mode is to be sourced from the originating site.

By contrast, the IFrameGenericPortlet does all of its configuration
using the portlet.xml and database preferences, (not init parameters).
It also has an edit mode that allows the configuration of preferences
defined in the portlet.xml to be changed in the portal. Here are the
preferences that it supports:

SRC
ALIGN
CLASS
FRAMEBORDER
ID
MARGINHEIGHT
MARGINWIDTH
NAME

HEIGHT
WIDTH
SCROLLING
STYLE

MAX-HEIGHT
MAX-WIDTH
MAX-SCROLLING
MAX-STYLE

PSML fragments can also be used to override existing portlet.xml values
for this portlet or add additional values. New preference values set via
the PSML do appear in the edit mode of this portlet for further
customization.

I have made small fixes to support these portlets and their preferences
in the current svn HEAD of J2. Let me know if you have anyremaining
issues using these.

HTH,

Randy

Posted by "M.Liang Liu " <pa...@gmail.com>.