Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com> on 2001/05/12 22:54:11 UTC

XML Document Model Benchmark

I've put together a benchmark program for comparing the performance of several
Java representations for XML documents, and had a suggestion to post the link to
the Xerces lists. My current test set compares Crimson and Xerces Java 1 DOMs
(with and without deferred node expansion, in the Xerces case), JDOM, dom4j, and
Electric XML.

The code and an analysis of the current set of tests is online at
http://www.sosnoski.com/opensrc/xmlbench/index.html The test results posted
there don't really deal with the overhead from expanding the nodes in Xerces as
the document is used, but I'll probably add a discussion of that when I update
the test results in a couple of weeks.

Please let me know if you spot any errors or inaccuracies, and copy me directly
on any replies since I'm not on the Xerces lists.

Thanks!

  - Dennis

Dennis M. Sosnoski
Sosnoski Software Solutions, Inc.