Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/25 23:32:36 UTC

Apache Aries BluePrint Annotations and Maven Felix Bundle Plugin

Hello Peter,
I was testing with the Aries Blue Print Annotations with Apache Felix
Plugin. Everything seemed to work fine, except that if did not generate the
Export-Service manifest header!

Question is that, does the Felix Plung in understand the Aries BluePrint
Annotations? Does it try to read the annotation before creating the Manifest
entries?

If not should I play with the felix plugin when I get some time to enhance
it?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Re: Apache Aries BluePrint Annotations and Maven Felix Bundle Plugin

Posted by Alasdair Nottingham <no...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I objected at the time and Guillaume wouldn't fix it, he wanted it to work this way so I dropped it. He is a committers, I'm not, no one else expressed an interest.

Alasdair Nottingham

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alasdair Nottingham <no...@apache.org>.
Hi,

It is a wrapper, but it is not a simple wrapper. It provides extra behaviour on top of bnd, it also has different defaults from bnd for some settings.

Alasdair Nottingham

Posted by Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alasdair Nottingham <no...@apache.org>.
Bnd doesn't, but the maven bundle plugin does. As I recall it generates something that does not comply with the Export-Service header definition.

Posted by Peter Kriens <pe...@aqute.biz>.