Posted to dev@orc.apache.org by Owen O'Malley <ow...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/12 18:04:08 UTC

[REPORT] ORC Board Report

Feedback is welcome...

 - A high-performance columnar file format for Hadoop workloads.

## Issues:

 - There are no issues requiring the board's attention.

## Activity:

 - We released the bug fix release 1.5.5.
 - The column encryption work is nearing completion.
 - We gave a presentation about column encryption at Dataworks Summit in
   Barcelona. https://s.apache.org/orc-encryption
 - The C++ reader is being integrated into Apache Impala.
 - Work is starting on improving the integration with Apache Arrow.

## Health report:

 - The community is doing well.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 10 PMC members.
 - Gang Wu was added to the PMC on Wed Jan 16 2019

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 39 committers.
 - Last committer addition was Dongjoon Hyun at Fri Jan 11 2019

## Releases:

 - 1.5.5 was released on Wed Mar 13 2019

## Mailing list activity:

 - There has been a noticeable uptick in the user traffic.

 - dev@orc.apache.org:

 - issues@orc.apache.org:

 - user@orc.apache.org:

## JIRA activity: