Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by "Shenoy, Gourav Ganesh" <go...@indiana.edu> on 2016/04/22 22:18:26 UTC

OpenStack network API implementation

Hello,

I have written an implementation for creation and setup of network for OpenStack cloud (eg: Jetstream). I have created a pull request to apache airavata repo (develop branch) from my forked repo's develop branch.

https://github.com/apache/airavata/pull/33

The code allows APIs to perform the following:

1.       Create/Delete a network.

2.       Create/Delete a subnet for a network with a specific CIDR.

3.       Create/Delete a router and attach it to an external gateway.

4.       Attach/Detach a router to/from a subnet via an interface.

The code is part of the OpenStackInfImpl.java. I have added a unit test in CloudIntfTest.java that gives a gist of how the flow proceeds for setting up a complete network. I have also added steps in the README file.

Kindly review the pull request and let me know of any comments.

Thanks and Regards,
Gourav Shenoy

Re: OpenStack network API implementation

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Thanks Gourav for the contribution. Very neat. Yes this will be handy when new accounts on a cluster do not have a pre-created network. We will review this PR and commit it.

Suresh