Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Fernando Gonzalez <fe...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/27 11:20:35 UTC

Maven eclipse plug-in modifications

Hi all,

First of all, I don't know if this is the right place to post this. I would
be glad to receive directions to send this mail to the right place.

I have modified the maven-eclipse-plugin so that it works perfectly with
OSGi projects in Eclipse. I'm sure the code has some bug and is specific to
some of my concrete situation but I'm also sure that can be used as a
starting point to do a job as good as the current maven-eclipse-project.
Where should I send the modifications??

Best regards,
Fernando

P.S.: I have implemented the following features:
- It modifies the manifest to configure the manifest with the dependencies
in the pom.xml
- It creates a directory in "target" with the "expanded" plug-ins (when they
need to include some external jar)
- It manages references between reactor projects: even between an OSGi
project and a normal project. In this case, at the install phase the normal
project is packaged and included as a jar in the directory already mentioned
in previous point.
- I have developed also an archetype plug-in to create the plug-in project
with maven.

Re: Maven eclipse plug-in modifications

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.
On 27/08/07, Fernando Gonzalez <fe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your response.
>
> Sorry again if it's not the place. I don't know exactly how Maven
> community
> works...

don't worry, this is the right place to ask such questions :)

--
Cheers, Stuart

Re: Maven eclipse plug-in modifications

Posted by Fernando Gonzalez <fe...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your response.

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.
On 27/08/07, Fernando Gonzalez <fe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> First of all, I don't know if this is the right place to post this. I
> would
> be glad to receive directions to send this mail to the right place.
>
> I have modified the maven-eclipse-plugin so that it works perfectly with
> OSGi projects in Eclipse. I'm sure the code has some bug and is specific
> some of my concrete situation but I'm also sure that can be used as a
> starting point to do a job as good as the current maven-eclipse-project.
> Where should I send the modifications??

I'd suggest opening an issue at:

   http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MECLIPSE

and attach your changes (preferably as a patch to the current version?)

Best regards,
> Fernando
>
> P.S.: I have implemented the following features:
> - It modifies the manifest to configure the manifest with the dependencies
> in the pom.xml
> - It creates a directory in "target" with the "expanded" plug-ins (when
> they
> need to include some external jar)
> - It manages references between reactor projects: even between an OSGi
> project and a normal project. In this case, at the install phase the
> normal
> project is packaged and included as a jar in the directory already
> mentioned
> in previous point.
> - I have developed also an archetype plug-in to create the plug-in project
> with maven.

interesting: I did something similar a while ago, but I decided to extend
the eclipse plugin instead (using some reflection tricks) to add the OSGi
functionality [http://wiki.ops4j.org/confluence/x/8Q]

--
Cheers, Stuart