Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Mostafa Elhemali <mo...@microsoft.com> on 2012/04/03 18:12:42 UTC

Help a newbie on patch submission

Hi,
I'm trying to submit a patch to fix some build problems in Hadoop trunk on Windows, and I'm having a hard time pleasing Hadoop QA. This is for Hadoop-8241 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8241). I submitted the first patch and it said it couldn't apply it, so I figured it may have to do with the fact that one of the two files fixed is in hadoop-hdfs-https which isn't part of the Hadoop Common project. So I submitted a second patch just for hadoop-dist/pom.xml which I believe is part of the Common project, but that couldn't be applied as well.
So I come to you: what am I doing horribly wrong and how can I appease the almighty Hadoop QA?

Thanks,
Mostafa Elhemali

RE: Help a newbie on patch submission

Posted by Mostafa Elhemali <mo...@microsoft.com>.
Thanks Aaron - that makes sense. Will do that.

Posted by "Aaron T. Myers" <at...@cloudera.com>.