Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2017/11/07 18:59:02 UTC

an unexpected side benefit of signing the Eclipse feature/plugin jars

I was minding my own business working in Eclipse when up popped a box "there are
new updates for some of your plugins, click here" or something like that, from
Eclipse (I'm running 4.7.0 Oxygen).

The new update that was available was the UIMA tools and runtime feature - so I
said, "go ahead" and Eclipse updated it for me.  (No msg about installing
unsigned artifacts).

So, I guess we now have automatic updates... I don't think I did anything to
enable this.

-Marshall