Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Manuel Sopena Ballesteros <ma...@garvan.org.au> on 2019/11/05 04:17:58 UTC

how to get yarn application attempt logs?

Hi,

I am learning yarn and realized that `yarn logs -applicationId <app id>` does not provide all the information I need and sometimes I need to look to the application attempt logs.

How can I get the application attempt logs using yarn command line?

Thank you
NOTICE
Please consider the environment before printing this email. This message and any attachments are intended for the addressee named and may contain legally privileged/confidential/copyright information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read, use, disclose, copy or distribute this communication. If you have received this message in error please notify us at once by return email and then delete both messages. We accept no liability for the distribution of viruses or similar in electronic communications. This notice should not be removed.

Re: how to get yarn application attempt logs?

Posted by Malcolm McFarland <mm...@cavulus.com>.
Hi Manuel;

There's a lot of information available via the REST API; check out these
docs:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.7.6/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/ResourceManagerRest.html#Cluster_Applications_API

I haven't delved too far into those, but you might be able to pull out the
app attempts from that data.

Cheers,
Malcolm McFarland
Cavulus

This correspondence is from HealthPlanCRM, LLC, d/b/a Cavulus. Any
unauthorized or improper disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the
contents of this message is prohibited. The information contained in this
message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the
recipient(s) named above. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the original message.