Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net> on 2016/04/10 18:59:41 UTC

Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Hi,

I would like to release 5.5.1, specially for to SOLR-8725.

SOLR-8642 in 5.5 stops people from upgrading to 5.5 and a lot of users have
spoken about it on the mailing list and the JIRA.

I would like to start the process towards the end of the coming week.

--
Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
I agree and that is on my list of things to do for the release.

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 9:25 AM, Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 10, 2016 at 12:59 PM, Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to release 5.5.1, specially for to SOLR-8725.
> >
> > SOLR-8642 in 5.5 stops people from upgrading to 5.5 and a lot of users
> have
> > spoken about it on the mailing list and the JIRA.
> >
> > I would like to start the process towards the end of the coming week.
>
> At a minimum, we should prob look at the whole bug-fix section of 6.0
>
> -Yonik

Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 2:15 PM Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com> wrote:

> FWIW I backported to the 5x branch (and then to 55 branch from there)
> given that we could have a 5.6 release in the future.

Good; I think we should *always* do that when back-porting.  Not doing it
could really bite us by accident.

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
I just backported SOLR-8155... may do more when I get time, but taxes
and other stuff are waiting for me right now.
FWIW I backported to the 5x branch (and then to 55 branch from there)
given that we could have a 5.6 release in the future.

-Yonik

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com>.
no worries, just wanted to get a sense for the timing. Thanks for the update

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
I tried to add the back compat index for 5.5.0 by running the script on
branch_5x, but it errors out when running the test with : "Extra
back-compat test files: 5.5.0-cfs". I'm confused here in terms of what the
instructions say and what's supposed to be done.

--
Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.

--
Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.

--
Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
> [...]

> > Seems like addVersion.py is broken for minor version releases so I'd
> need some help with someone who has a better understanding of python than I
> do. I observed that 5.5.1 Version gets added to Version.java but also gets
> marked as deprecated.
> >

> > On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 9:27 AM, Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>
> wrote:
> > Too much going on! Thanks Yonik.
> > I'll start working on the RC now.
> >
> > NOTE: Please don't back port any more issues right now. In case of
> exceptions, please raise them here.
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 9:09 AM, Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 12:04 PM, Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>
> wrote:
> > > Thanks. I'm waiting for the last back port of SOLR-8865.
> >
> > It should be already be there... I closed it yesterday.

Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Anshum,

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
Hi Upayavira,

I've already started the release process and I'm creating an RC. It
would've been created last night but the tests failed so I'm just creating
it again.
Feel free to commit this to 5.5 so that if we re-spin for whatever reason,
this would get automatically included unless you think this qualifies as a
blocker and we wait/re-spin just for these issues.

--
Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.

--
Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.

--
Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.

--
Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.

--
Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
Too much going on! Thanks Yonik.
I'll start working on the RC now.

NOTE: Please don't back port any more issues right now. In case of
exceptions, please raise them here.

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 9:09 AM, Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 12:04 PM, Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>
> wrote:
> > Thanks. I'm waiting for the last back port of SOLR-8865.
>
> It should be already be there... I closed it yesterday.
> -Yonik

Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 4:55 PM, Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anshum,
>
> FYI, I finished backporting SOLR-8082.
>
> --
> Steve
> www.lucidworks.com
>
> > On Apr 27, 2016, at 6:58 PM, Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > FYI, I'll wait until Uwe commits SOLR-9046 and then have the RC out.
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 1:08 PM, Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>
> wrote:
> > Thanks for clarifying Steve. I'll try it out when I'm ready. There are
> still 2 issues I'm waiting on.
> >

> > On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 12:55 PM, Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > So the general idea is to add the version-to-be-released on every branch
> from which a version will likely be cut in the future.  In this case that
> includes 5_5, 5x, 6_0, 6x, and master.
> >
> > I think you should run addVersion.py on 6_0, since a 6.0.1 release seems
> quite likely, but the script itself may need changes to make that work.
> >
> > And I think you’re right: there are two stable branches: 5x and 6x.
> There should be no problem on 5x, but again, 6x may require script changes
> to make it work.
> >
> > Sorry I can’t be more specific; you’re treading new ground here.
> >
> > --
> > Steve
> > www.lucidworks.com
> >
> > > On Apr 27, 2016, at 3:18 PM, Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > I looked at it Steve but it's unclear in cases of release like this
> one i.e. 5x release going out when 6.0 is already out.
> > > The stable branch as per definition is 6x (and I guess 5x?).
> > >
> > > On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 11:43 AM, Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Anshum,
> > >
> > > Have you seen
> https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseTodo#Update_Version_Numbers_in_the_Source_Code
> ?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Steve
> > > www.lucidworks.com

> code for the 5.5.1 release? Here's my understanding:
> branch_5x

> back-ports.
> better to

> > > --
> > > Anshum Gupta

> > --
> > Anshum Gupta
> >

> > --
> > Anshum Gupta

Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Anshum,

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.

--
Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
Thanks for clarifying Steve. I'll try it out when I'm ready. There are
still 2 issues I'm waiting on.

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 12:55 PM, Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So the general idea is to add the version-to-be-released on every branch
> from which a version will likely be cut in the future.  In this case that
> includes 5_5, 5x, 6_0, 6x, and master.
>
> I think you should run addVersion.py on 6_0, since a 6.0.1 release seems
> quite likely, but the script itself may need changes to make that work.
>
> And I think you’re right: there are two stable branches: 5x and 6x.  There
> should be no problem on 5x, but again, 6x may require script changes to
> make it work.
>
> Sorry I can’t be more specific; you’re treading new ground here.
>
> --
> Steve
> www.lucidworks.com
>
> > On Apr 27, 2016, at 3:18 PM, Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > I looked at it Steve but it's unclear in cases of release like this one
> i.e. 5x release going out when 6.0 is already out.
> > The stable branch as per definition is 6x (and I guess 5x?).
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 11:43 AM, Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Anshum,
> >
> > Have you seen
> https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseTodo#Update_Version_Numbers_in_the_Source_Code
> ?
> >
> > --
> > Steve
> > www.lucidworks.com
> >
> > > On Apr 27, 2016, at 2:33 PM, Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Can someone confirm the steps to update version numbers in source code
> for the 5.5.1 release? Here's my understanding:
> > > * on branch_5_5: addVersion.py 5.5.1
> > > * Using the commit id from previous step, run addVersion.py on
> branch_5x
> > >
> > > * Should we also be running this on master, 6x, and 6.0  branches?
> > >

> > > On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>
> wrote:
> > > Hi Steve,
> > >
> > > Yes, I missed the JIRA comment. Do you want to take it up?
> > >
> > > On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Anshum, is it okay to backport SOLR-8082 to 5.5.1? - Steve

> better to

> > > --
> > > Anshum Gupta
> > >

> > > --
> > > Anshum Gupta

> > --
> > Anshum Gupta

Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
I looked at it Steve but it's unclear in cases of release like this one
i.e. 5x release going out when 6.0 is already out.
The stable branch as per definition is 6x (and I guess 5x?).

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 11:43 AM, Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anshum,
>
> Have you seen
> https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseTodo#Update_Version_Numbers_in_the_Source_Code
> ?
>
> --
> Steve
> www.lucidworks.com
>
> > On Apr 27, 2016, at 2:33 PM, Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > Can someone confirm the steps to update version numbers in source code
> for the 5.5.1 release? Here's my understanding:
> > * on branch_5_5: addVersion.py 5.5.1
> > * Using the commit id from previous step, run addVersion.py on branch_5x
> >
> > * Should we also be running this on master, 6x, and 6.0  branches?
> >

> > On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>
> wrote:
> > Hi Steve,
> >
> > Yes, I missed the JIRA comment. Do you want to take it up?
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Anshum, is it okay to backport SOLR-8082 to 5.5.1? - Steve
> >
> > > On Apr 27, 2016, at 11:46 AM, Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks Yonik. I'll wait for this.
> > >
> > > On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 9:42 PM, Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> better to
> > >
> > > Ha, I saw that scroll past. but didn't realize I was being pinged.
> > > I'll take a look at it tomorrow.
> > >
> > > -Yonik

> > > --
> > > Anshum Gupta

> > --
> > Anshum Gupta
> >

> > --
> > Anshum Gupta

Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Anshum,

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.

--
Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
Thanks Steve.

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 11:38 AM, Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Anshum,
>
> Yes, I’ll do the backport now.
>
> --
> Steve
> www.lucidworks.com
>
> > On Apr 27, 2016, at 2:28 PM, Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Steve,
> >
> > Yes, I missed the JIRA comment. Do you want to take it up?
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Anshum, is it okay to backport SOLR-8082 to 5.5.1? - Steve
> >
> > > On Apr 27, 2016, at 11:46 AM, Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks Yonik. I'll wait for this.
> > >
> > > On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 9:42 PM, Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> better to
> > >
> > > Ha, I saw that scroll past. but didn't realize I was being pinged.
> > > I'll take a look at it tomorrow.
> > >
> > > -Yonik

> > > --
> > > Anshum Gupta

> > --
> > Anshum Gupta

Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anshum,

Yes, I’ll do the backport now.

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
Hi Steve,

Yes, I missed the JIRA comment. Do you want to take it up?

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anshum, is it okay to backport SOLR-8082 to 5.5.1? - Steve
>
> > On Apr 27, 2016, at 11:46 AM, Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Yonik. I'll wait for this.
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 9:42 PM, Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 11:57 PM, Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>
> wrote:
> > > Hey Tim, Sorry about going slow but there were a ton of back-ports.
> > > I'm just waiting on Yonik or someone else who understands things
> better to
> > > back-port SOLR-8886
> >
> > Ha, I saw that scroll past. but didn't realize I was being pinged.
> > I'll take a look at it tomorrow.
> >
> > -Yonik

> > --
> > Anshum Gupta

Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
Thanks Yonik. I'll wait for this.

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 9:42 PM, Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 11:57 PM, Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>
> wrote:
> > Hey Tim, Sorry about going slow but there were a ton of back-ports.
> > I'm just waiting on Yonik or someone else who understands things better
> > back-port SOLR-8886
>
> Ha, I saw that scroll past. but didn't realize I was being pinged.
> I'll take a look at it tomorrow.
>
> -Yonik

Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.

wrote:

> Hi Anshum,
>
> What's the status of 5.5.1 RC1?
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 12:18 PM, Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > it's in, thanks! b3fe7f7..9820406  branch_5_5 -> branch_5_5
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 12:06 PM, Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>
> wrote:
> >> I trust you Tim! Go for it.
> >>
> >> I wouldn't even commit to review this as there's a lot of stuff on my
> plate.

> only
> long

> released
> Just

> thelabdude@gmail.com>

> anshum@anshumgupta.net>

> noble.paul@gmail.com>

> SOLR-8662

> it.

> else

> >> --
> >> Anshum Gupta

Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anshum,

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
I trust you Tim! Go for it.

wrote:

> Hi Anshum,
>
> I'd like to include the fix for
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-9007 into 5.5.1. It's super
> minor (w/ very low risk) and patch is ready. I'd like it to be
> included because it gives a poor getting started experience if the
> user selects managed_schema_configs b/c it doesn't exist anymore.
>
> Tim
>
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 11:14 AM, Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>
> wrote:
> > Cassandra, I don't plan on back porting all bug fixes from 6.0 but only
> the
> > ones that I understand and don't require invasive code changes. I am
> open to
> > others helping out and back-porting stuff that they understand as long as
> > it's communicated.
> >

> > On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 9:47 AM, Cassandra Targett <
> casstargett@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Anshum, Is your plan to backport all the bug fixes that were released in
> >> 6.0 to 5.5.1? Or do you have a selection process you plan to use? Just
> >> curious mostly.

> get

> into

> cleanly

> > --
> > Anshum Gupta

Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anshum,

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.

wrote:

> Anshum, Is your plan to backport all the bug fixes that were released in
> 6.0 to 5.5.1? Or do you have a selection process you plan to use? Just
> curious mostly.
>
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 1:44 PM, Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> 8908 is on branch_5_5 now (14ec48a)
>>

>> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 9:18 AM, Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>
>> wrote:
>> > As Yonik mentioned, I wouldn't be cutting a branch but directly
>> spinning an
>> > RC. I have a few things on my plate so I think I'll only be able to get
>> > it over the weekend or by Monday, so you still have some time.
>> > I wouldn't rush the release specially as this seems like a good
>> candidate
>> > for 5.5.1.

>> the

>> and
>> will

>> > --
>> > Anshum Gupta

Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Cassandra Targett <ca...@gmail.com>.

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.

--
Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 9:36 AM, Noble Paul <no...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When do you plan to cut a branch, I hope we can include SOLR-8662 into the
> release

We don't create per-bugfix-release branches.  All 5.5.x releases will
be made from branch_5_5, which already exists.

-Yonik

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
Hi Karthik,

I would like to have the fixes as part of 5.5.1 but I also wouldn't want to
block a release for non-critical open issues.

Both of those issues have no commits and I'm almost done with my back
ports. So, unless someone speaks about about actively working on these and
makes a case for this being a blocker, I'll continue with my 5.5.1 process
without including these.

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 12:39 PM, Karthik Ramachandran <
kramachandran@commvault.com> wrote:

> Hey Anshum,
>

> Can you check if you can take SOLR-9034 for 5.5.1?
>

> Will SOLR-8812 make it for 5.5.1?
>

> With Thanks & Regards
> Karthik Ramachandran
> CommVault
> P Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to
>

> ***************************Legal Disclaimer***************************
> "This communication may contain confidential and privileged material for the
> sole use of the intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution
> by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received the message by mistake,
> please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank you."

Anshum Gupta

RE: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
Hi Bram,

Sure, as long as someone who understands and has access to Windows can take
a look at it and commit it.

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 12:11 PM, Bram Van Dam <br...@intix.eu> wrote:

> Hey Anshum,
>
> Can you have a look at SOLR-9046 as well? It's something that's been
> bugging me in 5.5. It's fine if it doesn't make it to 5.5.1, but it
> would be really nice if it did!
>
> Thx,
>
>  - Bram

Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Noble Paul <no...@gmail.com>.
When do you plan to cut a branch, I hope we can include SOLR-8662 into the
release

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 1:29 PM, Bram Van Dam <br...@intix.eu> wrote:

> On 13/04/16 19:26, Anshum Gupta wrote:
> > Can you please test it with 5.5.1 so someone could back port it. Thanks.
>
> I've finished testing SOLR-8145 on branch_5_5. Patch applies cleanly and
> the bugfix works fine. I don't have commit access, so someone else will
> have to take care of that part.
>
> git cherry-pick 80801a2 does the trick.
>
> Thanks,
>
>  - Bram

Noble Paul

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
If someone else doesn't get to it before I do, I'll do that as part of the
6.0 change log triage/back-port.

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 12:59 AM, Bram Van Dam <br...@intix.eu> wrote:

> On 13/04/16 19:26, Anshum Gupta wrote:
> > Can you please test it with 5.5.1 so someone could back port it. Thanks.
>
> I've finished testing SOLR-8145 on branch_5_5. Patch applies cleanly and
> the bugfix works fine. I don't have commit access, so someone else will
> have to take care of that part.
>
> git cherry-pick 80801a2 does the trick.
>
> Thanks,
>
>  - Bram

Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Bram Van Dam <br...@intix.eu>.

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 4:55 AM, Bram Van Dam <br...@intix.eu> wrote:

> On 11/04/16 19:04, Ishan Chattopadhyaya wrote:
> > I'd like someone to backport the following:
> > SOLR-8838
> > SOLR-8082
> > SOLR-8865
>
> Can we please add SOLR-8145 to that list? It fixes an incorrect
> oom_killer argument in the startupt script and a Jetty warning on startup.
>
> Please let me know if you'd like me to help test 5.5.1.
>
>  - Bram

Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
Thanks Tim. I'll take a look.

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 7:49 PM, Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Anshum. I've pushed a unit test for that ticket ... can you
> give it a quick look?
>
> Cheers,
> Tim
>
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 11:27 AM, Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>
> wrote:
> > Go for it Tim! Let us try to get it in with the test and if you need a
> bit
> > of time for that, let me know.
> >
> > If you think getting the test would take a lot of time, let us at least
> get
> > the fix in 5.5.1 if you are confident about the fix.
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 9:44 AM, Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Anshum,
> >>
> >> I think we should also consider SOLR-8908 for 5.5.1, it's a pretty bad
> >> leak esp. in envs that make lots of reloads due to schema edits. I
> >> have a fix up, but am struggling to create a test for it atm.
> >>
> >> Tim

> > --
> > Anshum Gupta

Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.

wrote:

> Hi Anshum,
>
> I think we should also consider SOLR-8908 for 5.5.1, it's a pretty bad
> leak esp. in envs that make lots of reloads due to schema edits. I
> have a fix up, but am struggling to create a test for it atm.
>
> Tim
>
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 5:55 AM, Bram Van Dam <br...@intix.eu>
> wrote:
> > On 11/04/16 19:04, Ishan Chattopadhyaya wrote:
> >> I'd like someone to backport the following:
> >> SOLR-8838
> >> SOLR-8082
> >> SOLR-8865
> >
> > Can we please add SOLR-8145 to that list? It fixes an incorrect
> > oom_killer argument in the startupt script and a Jetty warning on
> startup.
> >
> > Please let me know if you'd like me to help test 5.5.1.
> >
> >  - Bram

Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anshum,

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Bram Van Dam <br...@intix.eu>.

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
Thanks Ishan. I'll take a look.

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 10:04 AM, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <
ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Anshum,
>
> I'd like someone to backport the following:
> SOLR-8838
> SOLR-8082
> SOLR-8865
>
> These are mentioned in the bug-fix section of 6.0, so I agree with Yonik
> that we should perhaps look at all of those changes.
> Thanks and regards,
> Ishan
>

> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 9:55 PM, Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Apr 10, 2016 at 12:59 PM, Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I would like to release 5.5.1, specially for to SOLR-8725.
>> >
>> > SOLR-8642 in 5.5 stops people from upgrading to 5.5 and a lot of users
>> have
>> > spoken about it on the mailing list and the JIRA.
>> >
>> > I would like to start the process towards the end of the coming week.
>>
>> At a minimum, we should prob look at the whole bug-fix section of 6.0
>>
>> -Yonik

Anshum Gupta

Re: Lucene/Solr 5.5.1

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.