Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Steven Gong <st...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/04 06:00:43 UTC

Re: Cocooners in Shanghai?

On 11/4/05, Jens Maukisch <co...@maukisch.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as I'm currently staying in Shanghai, I was wondering if
> there are any Cocooners here who are interested in meeting up
> somewhere? So if you're interested in talking about Cocoon,
> Open Source and related topics just drop me a line :-)
>
> Hi, Jens. I've been using cocoon for a long time and we have built a
commercial website based-on cocoon. And most importantly, I am in Shanghai.
;-)
Most of the time, I am a cocoon user not a developer. I am quite
enthusiastic about open source projects. Maybe you can give us a talk about
cocoon and OSS...

--
Best Regards
Steven Gong

Re: Cocooners in Shanghai?

Posted by Johnson <jo...@erp.tw>.
Hello Phil!

I'm the one who don't satisfy himself, So I try to do something, Like Cocoon
:-)
It's glad to hear your site is nearing completion, Want to see it first when
it's done.
Now I've Three engineers to develop the cocoon AP our customers need, So I
must pay more attention to the marketing.

A recent news that a taiwan's factory (www.avc.com) use about 100 sets of
Pro-E, but only paid for 15 set, others are not authorized, will be punished
more than  200 million NT dollors.

So it will be better when using opensource.

Best Regards

johnson

Posted by pguillard <pg...@citycita.net>.

Re[2]: Cocooners in Shanghai?

Posted by Jens Maukisch <co...@maukisch.net>.
Hi,

> Cool! I find that Cocoon is not widely adopted in Mainland China.

I was wondering if Cocoon really is not widley adopted or if they
just don't talk about using Cocoon here (e.g. on the mailinglists).

> It's a pity that developers here don't find Cocoon's advantage over
> other framework like struts or something. Doesn't it make sense to
> arrange some GetTogether here regularly?

As as long as I stay in Shanghai (approximately until April 2006, but
this may change) I would be happy to come to regulary meetings to meet
some Cocooners, because here in my company there are only PHP-Guys :-)

So at the moment we are 4 (Steven, Phil, Johnson and myself), so we
could find a date where we all have time. I've time almost every evening
except on mondays.

--
* best regards
* Jens Maukisch

Re: Cocooners in Shanghai?

Posted by Steven Gong <st...@gmail.com>.
On 11/7/05, pguillard <pg...@citycita.net> wrote:

> Frustrating for me! I was used to develop and live in Shanghai for 1,5
> years, but i'm in Guangzhou for a few months!
> When my web application will be finished (i pray in a few weeks), i'll
> go there, hope to meet you guys.

 Cool! I find that Cocoon is not widely adopted in Mainland China. It's a

Re: Cocooners in Shanghai?

Posted by pguillard <pg...@citycita.net>.

Re: Re[2]: Cocooners in Shanghai?

Posted by Steven Gong <st...@gmail.com>.
On 11/4/05, Jens Maukisch <co...@maukisch.net> wrote:

> Hi Steven,
>

> > Maybe you can give us a talk about cocoon and OSS...
>
> Well, maybe I can, it despends on the topic :-) Are you
> thinking about some special topics or just Cocoon and
> OSS in general?
>
> No, not very special. But maybe, we can talk about some new trends in
webapp development: AJAX, Flash etc. And we can talk about the legacy style
of developing as well as the new styles in Web 2.0 era. And the development
conventions are also insteresting.
I enjoy casual talk. :-)

--
Best Regards
Steven Gong

Re[2]: Cocooners in Shanghai?

Posted by Jens Maukisch <co...@maukisch.net>.
Hi Steven,

Re: Cocooners in Shanghai?

Posted by Johnson <jo...@erp.tw>.
Hi!

I'm johnson, staying in Shenzhen, and I'll go Shanghai every month.
here's our demo site.

http://erp.tw/cocoon/portal_shb

user:demo
pass:demo