Posted to user@spark.apache.org by wazza <ra...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/07 11:07:06 UTC

Maintain Persistent Connection with Hive meta store

Hi I am new to Apache Spark and I have tried to query hive tables using
Apache Spark Sql. First I have tried it in Spark-shell where I can query 1
lakh records from hive table within a second. Then I have tried in a java
code which always take more than 10 seconds and I have noted that each time
when I run that jar it tries to make connection with hive metastore. can any
one tell me how to maintain the connection between Apache spark and Hive
metastore or else how to achieve that same in java.

Re:Maintain Persistent Connection with Hive meta store

Posted by prosp4300 <pr...@163.com>.

Each time you run the jar, a new JVM will be started, maintain connection between different JVM is not a correct way to think of