Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by lroloson <lr...@trmi.com> on 2009/10/19 19:12:27 UTC

Re: How to send binary data in qpid

I have been successful with messages that are strings, but when trying to
send binary data, I get the following error;

 error: no matching function for call to
‘qpid::client::Message::setData(std::string, unsigned int)’. When I use the
call the  void qpid::client::Message::setData(const std::string&), the
message is clipped. qpid-tool shows only 2 bytes are queued. I am using the
cpp direct examples compiled and running in Linux (Revision: 801239).

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: How to send binary data in qpid

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

FYI -- I guess you are using

string& assign ( const char* s );

assign your data with

string& assign ( const char* s, size_t n );

string& assign ( const string& str );
string& assign ( const string& str, size_t pos, size_t n );
string& assign ( const char* s, size_t n );
string& assign ( const char* s );
string& assign ( size_t n, char c );
template <class InputIterator>
   string& assign ( InputIterator first, InputIterator last );

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Posted by lroloson <lr...@trmi.com>.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.