Posted to user@storm.apache.org by François Méthot <fm...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/26 16:31:09 UTC

To what value should SpoutConf.fetchSizeBytes be set?

Hi,

  We have been having issue with reading from our Topic. The topic would
stop reading from the queue without warning or error. It would be stuck at
a specific offset of a specific partition.

  After a lot of debugging and testing, we found out that by increasing the
SpoutConfig.fetchSizeBytes from the default 1MB to 2MB or more, the problem
would go away. It would be able to consume the offset where it used to stop.

To what value should fetchSizeBytes be set?

Should we have seen a warning/error in the log when the spout can`t iterate
through message within the read bytebuffer?

In kafka, we have message.max.bytes and replica.fetch.max.bytes set to
10MB, is there a link between those setting and the fetchSizeBytes.

Thanks a lot
François

Re: To what value should SpoutConf.fetchSizeBytes be set?