Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/14 20:02:25 UTC

[modeler] Cutting a release for Commons Modeler

Team,

I'd like to help cut a release of 1.2 of Commons-Modeler as requested
by the Geronimo team [1]. Here's some of the prep work that went into
updating the maven dist target [2].

An RC1 is available for review at:
http://people.apache.org/~dims/commons-modeler/

Thanks,
dims

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg80641.html
[2] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-commons-dev/200607.mbox/%3c20060713220621.E74961A981A@eris.apache.org%3e

Re: [modeler] Cutting a release for Commons Modeler

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Sure Dennis. Please go ahead and update whatever you think needs to be.

thanks,
dims

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
I've cut a svn tag as well:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/modeler/tags/MODELER_1_2_RC1/

thanks,
dims

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
Looks good to me, as well, other than that the release notes are
missing an incompatible API change that should be called out.

Clirr gives me this when I run against the 1.1 release jar.

INFO: 7011: org.apache.commons.modeler.BaseModelMBean: Method 'public
javax.management.ObjectName getJmxName()' has been added
ERROR: 7006: org.apache.commons.modeler.BaseModelMBean: Return type of
method 'public javax.management.ObjectName getObjectName()' has been
changed to java.lang.String
INFO: 8000: org.apache.commons.modeler.modules.MbeansDescriptorsDigesterSource:
Class org.apache.commons.modeler.modules.MbeansDescriptorsDigesterSource
added
INFO: 7011: org.apache.commons.modeler.util.IntrospectionUtils: Method
'public void clear()' has been added

The return type change happened here:

http://tinyurl.com/jpkmf

Unfortunately, there was no ASF BZ ticket opened, so it does not show
up in the issues list.

Phil

Re: [modeler] Cutting a release for Commons Modeler

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
The RC looks good to me.

Niall

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Cool!. There are some more release-manager'y things to do. I will cut
a RC2 and then post a vote to promote it to 1.2 final in the next few
days.

thanks,
dims

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
Dims, thanks a bunch.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 7/16/06, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/16/06, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > * Checksums all pass for me.
> > * tar.gz and zips contain the same content.
> > * src build happily rebuilds using 'maven jar'
> >
> > Other things to do on this RC:
> >
> > * PGP sign the RC dist files.
> > * Add yourself to the modeler KEYS file.
> > * Include the jar in with the dist files (signed). This'll go into the
> > m1 repository. Also include the pom (signed).
>
> When did we start requiring signing the jars in addition to the
> distro?  Maybe you mean hash?  None of our published docs require sigs
> on jars inside distros. It seems like overkill to me to sign parts of
> a distro seprarately from the whole distro and this will require
> hacking outside of what maven can do simply. I saw the jar in the
> binary distro, which is all that needs to contain it, IMO.

Bad english on my part.

Along with the signed dist files, have the jar and pom available too
as these will need to go into the maven repository. These files also
need to be signed.

Hen

Re: [modeler] Cutting a release for Commons Modeler

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
* Checksums all pass for me.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.