Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Arina Ielchiieva <ar...@apache.org> on 2018/07/26 14:45:32 UTC

moving some UDFs into new contrib/udfs module

Hi all,

as has been discussed on the latest Drill Hangout, there is an initiative
to move some udfs, especially those that are not SQL ANSI SQL functions to
the separate module - contrib/udfs. This would save java-exec module from
adding new dependencies.

So far I have created Jira [1] and submitted a PR [2] that moves distance,
phonetic, networking, crypto and gis functions into the new module.

In terms of the user experience such changes will have no effect. Functions
will be accessible out of the box as before. Moving function to the new
module is structural change.

Please let me know if there are any questions or concerns.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-6634
[2] https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/1403

Kind regards,
Arina

Re: moving some UDFs into new contrib/udfs module

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arina,
This sounds good.  I have other UDFs that I’d like to contribute for future releases and I’ll include them in the contrib/ folder.

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arina,