Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Robert Sumner <ro...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2007/11/14 16:11:47 UTC

POI amended XLS files defaulting to saving as XLT

Hi,

Hoping you may be able to assist. I have created a program that takes cells from one xls file and inserts that data into worksheets in an XLT file. The file that is created is then saved in the format of "filename.xls".

That all works fine...However, if I then open the file that I have created and click on "Save As", Excel defaults to saving the file as an XLT file, which I don't want. Is there anyway of utilising POI  so that the default save as option would be an xls file.

Thanks in advance,

Rob