Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tarun Sainanee <ta...@delhi.tcs.co.in> on 2002/08/19 15:22:57 UTC

Exception Handling

Hi there,

I need to do exception handling if the instance of userSession that i get
in my action classes is a null. (For e.g. it would be null if  the session
timed out)

But i happened to stumble on the code for Struts Action.java from struts
jar. Now this file has the following code
userSession = getSession() which creates a new session if the session is
null.

So effectively i cannot do any exception handling for something like a
session timeout.

What should i do? Can anyine please send me a piece of code with another
idea?

Thanks in Adv