Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Soheil Pourbafrani <so...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/16 19:50:45 UTC

How to declare the Row object schema

Hi,

Inserting a DataSet of the type Row using the Flink *JDBCOutputFormat *I
continuously go the warning:
[DataSink (org.apache.flink.api.java.io.jdbc.JDBCOutputFormat@18be83e4)
(1/4)] WARN org.apache.flink.api.java.io.jdbc.JDBCOutputFormat - Unknown
column type for column 8. Best effort approach to set its value: system.

I tried to declare the Row schema by implementing the *ResultTypeQueryable*
class alongside with the FlatMap function I create the final Row type for
insertion but made no changes!

What is this warning for?

Re: How to declare the Row object schema

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Which version are you using?
I can't find the error message in the current code base.

When writing data to a JDBC database, all Flink types must be correctly
matched to a JDBC type.
The problem is probably that Flink cannot match the 8th field of your Row
to a JDBC type.
What's the type of the 8th field?

Best, Fabian