Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Carlos Llona <cl...@hotmail.com> on 2003/10/01 17:57:38 UTC

problem using html:select

Hello:

This is my litle problem

I make a sample in struts that register data from the users, this
data is save in one table ("Users"), the JSP have a field
call "Cargo" (I'm from southamerica - cargo is like a ocupation), in
this field the user enter the ocupation manualy, but now I want that
the user select the Cargo(ocupation - this ocupations are in another
table) from a combo, I can show the combobox with the data from de
table ocupations using a bean and the tag html:select.

<jsp:useBean id="cargo" class="beans.Cargos" scope="request"/>

value='codigo' property='cargos' />

but now I cant recive tha value selected in the combo in my User
form. I think that the problem was the value of the atribute property
of tha select tag, but when i change the value of the property
entering a name of the variable for my user form occurs a error,
because property just accept the name of a variable of my Cargo bean.

Whats is the problem with this???

Re: problem using html:select

Posted by de...@betterway.net.
What is the error message you are getting?