Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Vivek Kumar <vi...@indiqus.com> on 2017/04/17 13:33:25 UTC

DNS is not working after adding a private gateway

Hello Team,

I have running ACS 4.7.1 with XenServer 6.5 SP1 and I have configured  a VPC and everything seems fine and I am able to reach internet and all vm’s inside the tiers as well, but when I create a private gateway and reboot the router, it stops working , neither I am able to reach internet or  able to resolve DNS ( however I am able to reach IP of any public address i.e 4.2.2.2 and 8.8.8.8 and I am also using same as a DNS ). Can anyone help me out? Even I tried to remove the private gateway also but still no luck.

I tried to trace route from the VR and its saying:

root@r-960-VM:~# traceroute google.com
google.com: Name or service not known
Cannot handle "host" cmdline arg `google.com' on position 1 (argc 1)

Before Private Gateway it was  running fine.

Vivek Kumar
Virtualization and Cloud Consultant

IndiQus Technologies Pvt Ltd
A-98, LGF, C.R.Park, New Delhi - 110019
24x7 +91 11 4055 1409 | M +91 7503460090
www.indiqus.com

Re: DNS is not working after adding a private gateway

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
I would check ethernet interfaces inside VR, (eth0 = loopback,
eth1=publicIP, eth2=guest, eth3=guest etc...) after reboot - we had some
situations long time ago, where incorrect ethernet interface (order) were
configured due to bug, and VR was unusable...

--

Andrija Panić

Re: DNS is not working after adding a private gateway

Posted by Vivek Kumar <vi...@indiqus.com>.
Hello Rene,

Posted by Rene Moser <ma...@renemoser.net>.

Posted by Vivek Kumar <vi...@indiqus.com>.