Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com> on 2014/12/18 22:10:17 UTC

configuring leveldb to not lose writes between restarts?

I suspect there’s a bad leveldb corruption bug that’s been present for a
while so I’m going to write a test to verify that it’s present.

… so I’m trying to write a test.

My idea is to write 1000 messages or so and keep consuming/producing more
and giving them unique counters.

If we lose some of the messages between restarts I know that there’s a data
loss bug.

my plan is to use the failover protocol and then tune leveldb for a small
log size.

But my question is about buffers.. if a message goes into a log buffer, but
it’s not written to a disk, and it’s restarted, I assume it vanishes?

the variables are here:

http://activemq.apache.org/leveldb-store.html

… so I’m trying to figure out exactly how to configure leveldb to handle
full persistence between restarts.

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*