Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com> on 2012/06/01 13:22:21 UTC

hsync in hadoop 2.0?

HDFS-744 adds support for true durable sync for DFSOutputStream.hsync().
This is useful for HBase (among others) and I created a matching patch in HBASE-5954.

I would like to port this back into Hadoop 2.0 and maybe even 1.0.
A 2.0 patch is already attached to HDFS-744. (The 1.0 patch would be quite different, but the underlying implementation would be the same)

If I understand correctly Hadoop 2.0 is not out of alpha, yet.

Thoughts?

-- Lars

Re: hsync in hadoop 2.0?

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.
+1

IMO we should hold off on branch-1 unless people really need it.

Re: hsync in hadoop 2.0?

Re: hsync in hadoop 2.0?

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Re: hsync in hadoop 2.0?